Wednesday, October 26, 2005

China Fallout

No blogging time since I got back - I plunged straight into rehearsals for Xerxes at the ENO. Not irrelevant to the project - castrato roles and counter-tenors aplenty - but inevitably freelance work (which I have to do for financial and publicity reasons) impedes the company a bit. It will all be easier as and when we get an administrator....

Trying to follow up venues in between Xerxes rehearsals. I have a meeting with Matthew from the Phoenix in Leicester, where we've opened our last two shows and could well open the next. As usual, he's full of positive energy and ideas for engaging new partners (always a good way forward). Fix up to see Louise Chantal, who's taken over programming Riverside Studios. And talk to lots of people on email. So far, so good. Meanwhile, I'm asked to put the full proposal for the Yue company into writing. More bureaucracy. I decide I'd better do this properly; and enlist Haili's help again. I've not done it yet - this will require an even clearer head than blogging.

No comments: